and it begins

6:55 PM Posted In , , Edit This 3 Comments »
Spring is here. I have had a busy week getting in the gardening spirit. Last week we stopped by the nursery to get the tomatoes and several other plants off to a good start. Dear Megan, your Romas are in there too if you still have a home for them. The other varieties include cherry, beef, and pear. Pear tomatoes are my favorite! I have the best memories of my grandma's garden and her delicious pear tomatoes.
3391545172_7a3c90777a_b
This photo had to be included for the "look, I'm smiling" value.
3391537808_a20aca9d99_b
...and what do we have here? Peas, growing in my own backyard garden. I have planted peas three or four times on a weekly basis, as they continue to sprout all season and we LOVE fresh peas. Today Riok and I put the first lettuce seeds of the season in our garden.
003
I have many flowers doing a wonderful job growing and blooming also, but today it was all about the veggies, or perhaps, I'm just all about food!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh I am SO jealous you can start your garden so early!! We still have tons of snow on the ground and expect quite a bit more...we get snow til the end of May boooo.
Your garden looks awesome!

Megan said...

Cool! How much do those run? I'd like to get a couple and depending on if we are moving or not I might want to get some things that are okay to plant in June.

bazanna said...

we're totally cheating at the nursery, crystal LOL