Bad Photography

5:56 PM Posted In , Edit This 1 Comment »
I'd like to apologize ahead of time that when I think to take photos of my belly, it is late or I am sick. I'm usually in my jamis and it is a last minute thought when I'm in my bathroom brushing my teeth before bed. Sometime before I give birth I plan on getting a couple of nicer belly photos.
I haven't had a working camera for a few months and have been borrowing a friends as the battery charger for mine died. I just got my new charger and there were old photos from December 13, 2008 waiting to be downloaded. I looked at them and there were a few shots that had been taken with a terrible flash in my bathroom mirror, which had really needed to be cleaned at the time.
For fun, I decided to take a few photos of my belly in the mirror today, before downloading the old photos. All of the pictures were difficult to see, bad lighting, some had flash, it was just a mess. However, here is a slight preview to prove my belly is growing. Perhaps one of these days I will get around to proving that I have some photography skills, but today is not that day.

At 6.3 weeks, 12-13-08
bellyshots-13

Today at 24.2 weeks, 04-17-09.
bellyshots-8-2


The really odd thing to me is the weight gain with this pregnancy. I gained approximately 70 pounds with my first child and 50 pounds with my second. I will totally cop to being young with my first child and starting out at probably only 115 or 120 pounds. I will also tell you that at 17 years old, I totally believed pregnancy was an excuse to eat for two and I did just that! However, I did start out at the same pre-pregnancy weight with my last child as I did this one. As of today, I have gained 8 pounds. The reason I am so astonished by these photos above, is because I thought that I must *look* exactly the same, since I haven't gained much weight. WRONG! Another exciting development as of today is that not only can I feel the baby moving, I can see it now too. So Cool!

1 comments:

Stacey said...

I have noticed that each of my three pregnancies have been very different - weight gain included. I would be more than happy to share some of my weight gain with you!!!! HA HA